Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I am back!

I'll start posting more regularly. I finished the first draft of the book, so now I have all that out of my head for the time being, I can actually focus on other things.

Although, honestly, I'm not sure what to write. I'm mainly doing this because my mother bothered me about updating my blog this morning.

THIS IS FOR YOU MOM!

I guess the most interesting thing I have to say is the interview on the classic rock station this morning, 97X. They had a guy from Lake Erie talking about those darned mysterious lights that appear over the lake at times. He was surprised and pleased to discover he was not the only one to see these lights. I refer him to the 001.'s in the library nonfiction section, if he is still in doubt as to whether or not other people have seen UFO's. (Although he may find some fun stuff about interdimensional UFO's, in which case I refer him to Cubs Guy here, who is convinced he is on a cloned Earth in another dimension and held here by aliens who are watching, always watching, and there's a demon who used sorcery to blind him and he can't eat the food because it's made from sorcery and...)

By the way, the hosts picked up on the fact this guy was stoned. And they were gleefully acting skeptical and the poor guy didn't even notice. Alas, alas.

Supposedly 97X put up a link to this guy's YouTube channel, where we'll either have vaguely fuzzy videos of a Random Thing (much like that vague video of the Headless HuntIMEAN the Pale Horse of the Apocalypse) or last year's news clips about The Lights of Doom.

Let's see...Ah, people in Detroit burned a Confederate flag. Something about Kid Rock flying one, or something. But this is Yankeeland after all, so we're not all that surprised.

Now that I'm done with this, I'm going to go play on TVtropes.org for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Don't do it! Tvtropes will suck you in and you will never escape!

    {This is an example of a Jacob Marley Warning.}
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JacobMarleyWarning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late, I've been looking at it for weeks now haha. I get started on one page and when I look up it's been an hour and I'm on an entirely different topic with no knowledge of how I got there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of graphic novels either, but I'm willing to give anything a try! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete