Monday, November 18, 2013

Thankfulness Day 18

You know what's fun? Learning new things.

And I just reminded everyone in the world that I'M A NERD I'M A NERD LOOK AT ME I'M A NERD.

But I'm actually talking about more than just traditional subjects one learns in school. I'm talking about anything. I've heard it said that we should learn at least one new thing a day.

The reason this popped into my mind is that I finally figured out how to make maple and brown sugar oatmeal without resorting to tiny Quaker packets.

I've learned a lot of new ways to cook things lately. Being the main chef of the household, I've had to do more than just pour stuff from a box and throw some water in it. And, cliche as it is, I've gotten to the point that I prefer the food I cook here to food cooked in a restaurant. Restaurants tend to throw way too much salt on things, and that's usually the extent of their flavoring.

I've also learned how to drive around the Quad Cities without getting lost. (Most of the time-one way streets are still my bane.) This is important, as I have a very bad tendency to get lost.

Through my college classes, I've learned a variety of fun facts that I can randomly bring up into conversation. I excel at bringing random facts into the conversation.

This is a really big world, not to mention universe. There's always something new around the corner.

George...George no...

No comments:

Post a Comment