Monday, November 4, 2013

Thankfulness Day 4

Today, I am thankful for this apartment.

I like complaining about the apartment. It's an easy thing to do. Who wants to live in an apartment? PSHAW. It's tiny. The windows have basically no insulation so right now I can feel cold  literally coming off of it in waves as I sit here and type. I need more space for books, and there is precious little of that. The Maytag people who come to "repair" the machines in the laundry room never really "repair" the machines. In the summer, the earwigs and the spiders fight over who's going to appear out of nowhere and scare me next. (I really think they do.) Also plowing in the winter is...questionable at best.

But you know what? This is a place to live. It's not a dirty place. Our neighbors are a melting pot of kind people from around the world. The organist from church lives right across the road, so if we ever need someone to feed the cats, he or his kids can help. There's a nice little park just a ten minute walk away. The courtyard always looks beautiful, whatever the season. We have a bed, a couch (that the cats think is theirs), plenty of food, a bathroom, and yes, the complex pays for the water, so free water. Because we have a laundry room, I don't have to load up the clothes and drive down to the local laundromat so creepy guys can stare at me and interrupt my reading with ill-timed, bad pick-up lines, all over the noise of really obnoxious cartoons playing loudly on the TV.

This apartment is home, small as it is, and I'm thankful that we have such a nice place that is so inexpensive compared to the other complexes in this area.

Also there are always birds in the bushes outside, so that can keep Frenzy entertained for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment