Saturday, December 7, 2013

Insomnia; or, Random Late Night Thoughts

I can't sleep. Hence, a blog post.

I rewatched The Hobbit tonight. I'm seriously looking forward to seeing the next installment, in spite of some of the negative hype. I thought they did a wonderful job with the first one. Then again, I'm not so much of a crazy purist as I was before.

So, first thoughts first: It didn't occur to me until tonight that the Arkenstone was the Silmaril that Maedhros accidentallied into a pit. Which also makes me want to point out-Bilbo was able to touch a Silmaril. OH SNAP.

Secondly, on that note, it amazes me just how coherent Tolkien's world is. Everything has a connection, even in his side stories. (I love the fact that Roverandom got a glimpse of the Undying Lands.) That's kind of what I want to do with my own writings, once I get them in order. I've sort of started on a world-building/alternate history thing that connects many of my various stories together, but I'm still working on it.

Thirdly, I discovered that Sylvester McCoy plays Radagast. Which means RADAGAST IS THE DOCTOR ZOMG GUYZ.

Fourthly, on the Facebook page "Team Pendergast" many of us were lamenting our lack of funds for buying the new Pendergast book, "White Fire". Lo and behold, a "mysterious benefactor" (who I strongly suspect is the authors) donated five copies for a giveaway, and I won a copy! AND IT'S AUTOGRAPHED.

So pretty...

Okay, I think I'll finish re-reading Whisperer in Darkness and go to bed. (Trying to read a Pendergast novel before bed is sort of like doing jumping jacks before bed. It just doesn't work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment