Thursday, May 7, 2015

Erica Writes Poetry: I Am A Technobane

They said we could write about whatever we wanted, and I wrote about my computer breaking.

An Ending

It stops and starts
The little circle goes round and round as I tap my fingers impatiently against the desk.
I glance at the clock, and listen to the whirring and clicking inside the computer.
This was not how I meant to spend my morning.
Impatience gets the best of me.
I hit escape, and nothing happens.
The whole screen freezes, and I sit there, dumbfounded.
A curse tears from my mouth, and I hit escape several more times
The whirring clicking continues.
I get up
Storm off
Making sure my footsteps rattle the windows
Come back with another cup of coffee.
No hard disk found
Computer cannot boot.
I drop my head to the desk and finally surrender.
Looks like it’s time for a new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment