Sunday, September 27, 2015

A quick "I'm not dead despite what my mother thinks" post

So, yes. I'm not dead. It's just that I'm trying to successfully balance working a stressful (stressful to an introvert) full time job and going to college full time. Poor Dale has been forced to do more chores. Madness has ensued.

I have lots of great ideas for blogs, but no time to actually, you know, write them. Because I'm too busy writing essays and discussion posts and short stories and attempting to read everything I'm supposed to.

I've given up on doing Quick Lit for the time being, and I've also given up on the Modern Mrs. Darcy 2015 Reading Challenge. I like the idea of a reading challenge diversifying my reading, but I realized it was, at the same time, preventing me from reading books I actually, really wanted to read. I also have less access to library books because I have to set aside time to be at the library (as opposed to, you know, being there as a matter of course). I feel like simply making that decision has taken some stress off my mind.

So, when my classes end here in a couple weeks, I'll have a two week break in which I can write ALL THE DOCTOR WHO REVIEWS and ALL THE BOOK REVIEWS. But until then, I'll keep making random posts about Clear Lakes that contribute absolutely nothing to the actual discussions on Clear Lakes.

Also, we have a kitten. No, not "kitten", like Frenzy. An actual, honest-to-goodness kitten. We call her Tiny. We think it's a her. She might be a him, we're not sure yet. (If it's a him, we will put him in a box and call him Tiny Box Tim.)

2 comments:

  1. We're in season 7 of Doctor Who, so you can review away. I doubt you'll catch up quickly enough to spoil anything! :)

    Also "E-mail sister" has been on my to-do list for about 2 weeks now. I'll really do it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, this could actually be an imposter writing on your blog.....and randomly responding to my text messages. One can never be too sure....or paranoid....or something weird.....and Oct. 17th is an extremely important day because I get to slow down when I'm driving because I will be the speed limit here in Craig & wouldn't it be nice to get a bd card? Of course if I recall correctly someone didn't get a bd card from their mother cause she's getting elderly & may have forgotten & she tends to ramble on a bit now....oh dear Lord I'm turning into your grandad....lol. Love ya

    ReplyDelete